92 Explorer Temp. gauge

Temp gauge constantly changing. Always in the normal zone but moves from lower end of "normal" to upper end of "normal". Vehicle is not overheating. I replaced thermostat and temp sending unit. I also had to replace the radiator due to a leak The gauge was acting up before I changed these parts. Just driving down a level highway and the gauge will move back and forth.

Reply to
Darryl

If the gauge is moving up to maybe about halfway or just under, and then suddenly drops down to around one quarter, it sounds like your thermostat is opening and closing and functioning properly. If it stayed the same all of the time then I would think something is wrong.

Reply to
Ulysses

The problem is with the gauge and sending unit. There is a replacement kit available from Ford. I have worked for Ford over the past 20 yrs and also have a 93' Explorer which exhibits the same symptoms. When I find the part number I will post it here. There is probably no overheating concern just an over sensitive gauge/sending unit combination. Mike

Reply to
Mustang_Mike

Reply to
Richard Ray