92 hood latch

Without any warning the hood latch cable on my 1992 Explorer broke or disenaged from the latch. There is no resistance when pulling the release handle. How can the hood be opened? Is this doable at the shop level? Does it require a dealer's servive shop?

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

The latch on my 1999 Explorer stopped working a few years ago. I took it to the shop down the street and had it fixed pretty quickly and not for a lot of money (as far as I can remember, it's been a while). No need to go to the dealership. Mine had just rusted and need to be cleaned out and oiled.

-Mike

Reply to
Mickle79