93 Explore problem

Hello,

I have a 1993 Explore and none of the gauges seem to work except for the speedometer. I have checked all the fuses and they seem to be ok. I even bought a new contol center cluster. Any ideas am I missing somthing?

Thanks in advance.

Brad

Reply to
Me

Make sure that you have a good ground.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

Well after some very painful testing I got all working. Here is what I found....

  1. make sure the cluster cables are firmly seated.
  2. changed all the fuses ( In the Cab)
  3. found a crappy ground so cut the ground and re grounded it.

All seems to work now except my hazzard lights. Hopes this help people who have the same problem.

Reply to
Me

A friend had a similar guage problem in a Trans Am. Did all kinds of things to try and fix and it finally came down to a bad voltage regulator. Check out your alternator and regulator.

LW

Reply to
LKW

I'll also look at the grounding as the OP found

Rick

Reply to
pray4surf