93 Factory Alarm

I have a '93 4dr Explorer with the Factory Alarm... My alarm has gone off on its own quite a few timmes in the past several months at work. It prob has gone off other times also, but I just didn't know about it. Nothing has set it off as I park in a lot that has a guard watching with cameras. The only way I can keep it from going off about once a week is to leave it unlocked in the parking lot. I have unhooked the hood latch, and pulled the drivers door apart looking for a sensor that turns on the alarm... Doe's anyone anyone have any suggestions to what it could be, or even how to disable the factory alarm..........

Hi, I had the problem on my mountaineer. Turned out to be the horn shorting out, which I guess is quite common. Does yours allow you to lock the doors with one click of the key fob instead of two clicks which sets the alarm? It was suggested to me to leave a window rolled down set the alarm and then open the door and see if the alarm goes off. Let me know if you find out anything else as my neighbor has complained to me about my alarm going off, but there was no reason to set it off.

Reply to
davidgmg

one touch on the remote locks all doors and the hatch. when unlocking

1 touch unlocks the drivers side and 2 hits the rest. When the alarm goes off I can turn it off with the remote by unlocking the doors. I also tested the alarm thinking a power drain is what caused the trouble. I put a floodlight in the cig lighter and turned it on after the alarm armed itself (light stopped blinking) - It did not set it off. I opened the door sensore and it went off then... Result is I think the alarm is hardwired to the switches and not a current sensor......