94 Brake Problem

I have a 94 sport that I bought new and have had a few minor mechanical problems over the years but I need help to figure out this one. The brake pedal will freeze/lock in the up position when applying the brakes. If you continue to press the pedal it will eventually give and brake the car, not good. Occurs sporadically, no rhyme or reason. Where do you start testing?

Reply to
Randy

This probably isn't the problem you are having, but there was a brake booster recall on some of the early Explorers. I have a '91 and they (Ford) replaced the booster when I took it in for something or other. If it applies to the '94s and if you didn't get it done yet it it might be a way to get Ford to at least look at it for free.

Reply to
Ulysses