94 Ex acceleration vibration

My wife's Ex started vibrating at certain points in acceleration, like going up a hill in too high of a gear, when it kicked down, the vibration would stop, my first thought was bad u-joints, but I changed both yesterday and it still does it. The vibration would also stop if you let off the gas a little. I did detect a small amount of play in the slip joint? the part of the drive shaft that makes up for the need to get longer during the suspension travel. Anyone else have this problem with any resolve?? I was planning on trading her drive shaft with my 92Ex, and see if that makes any difference. Any help would be appreciated, thanks Gary

Reply to
Gary

I'll assume that nothing "interesting" happened during U-joint replacement...... are we sure that this isn't an ignition induced problem? Weak insulation on a plug wire could produce a similar effect when cylinder pressures are high.

Reply to
Jim Warman

Thanks Jim for your response, the u-joint install went great, I will look into the ignition-wires, I also got a clue to see if maybe the motor mounts might be loose or broken, will check the tranny mount also, I was so sure that the u-joints would solve it. Gary

Reply to
Gary

Make sure the U-Joint are in phase when I changed mine the drive shaft was out from the factory I put it back in Phase all vibration went away

Reply to
Mike

Mike: Sounds interesting. More info please. What is u-joint phase? How did you get the u-joints back in phase?

-Steve ('94 EB 4x4)

Reply to
SASCHOCH