94 explorer hub o-ring ?

I was wondering if there was a place to buy a rubber O-ring for the front wheel hub of a 94 explorer. I checked with the Ford dealer and he wanted $35 for a single O-ring. Just wondering if there is somewhere cheaper than the dealer. I checked Autozone, O'reillys, etc... with no avail. Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated. Thank You

Reply to
kylo67

Kylo,

Is your original ring in good enough shape? I might take it to a high pressure local hydraulic shop and they would probably have or order something, provided it's a standard round profile (not some strange flat with grooves type thing.)?

Ted

kylo67 wrote:

Reply to
Ted

Just use one of the many RTV gaskets in a tube. The recess for the o-ring will keep it in place once it's cured.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher