94 explorer: transmission pan leak

My 94 explorer (130,000 miles) has a leak that seems to be coming from the front part of the trans pan. So I changed the filter and put a new gasket on it. It still leaked with new gasket (torqued correctly). Could it be leaking from someplace else, dripping down to the pan? Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thank You

Reply to
kylo67

Make sure it is tranny fluid if it is it could be a leaking front seal on the tranny or leaking torque converter. If not it could be the rear main crank seal.

Reply to
The Model Hobbit

Thanks for the info Hobbit.

Reply to
kylo67

Dipstick tube ??????

IIRC there is a rubber o-ring that will leak if cracked or tube misaligned

Reply to
JohanB

thanks JohanB, i'll check that

Reply to