95 Explorer Stuck In Park

I recently had my transmission rebuilt and about 3 weeks later the vehicle stalled on me, I put it in park started it again but could not get it out of park. After hauling it to the transmission shop and sitting in their lot overnight they were able to get it out of park and everything was fine with the transmission. The catalytic converter is clogged which explains the stalling, but I called the shop that rebuilt my transmission and they said it may be a brake switch. If this is the case are brake switches easy to replace and how much do they cost?

TIA

Reply to
Jim Liberty

I've not done an Explorer; however, replacing one on my Taurus was not difficult. The part cost at Checker, a local after market repair parts store, was not expensive, I think less than $10.

Reply to
Bill