95 Explorer XLT: Turn signals not working

My turn signals (left and right) have suddenly stopped working consistently. The light might come on once, then stop, then blink again several seconds later. After the car has been running for a bit, the signals seem to work better, and blink properly

I have also noticed a distinct clicking (NOT a buzzing) when the turn signal is not working, whether or not the signal lever is engaged (like the series of clicks you would hear as you turn, and the signal lever returns to its normal position)

Is this a switch problem? Or a fuse? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.... I want to try to fix this myself

-- RobinA

View this thread:

Send from

RobinA

used your hazard lites lately ??????? Turn hazard switch on/off about 20 times too clean contacts

Also used your steering wheel adj. lately ???????? Try putting your steering wheel in different position and see if that change the turnsignal operation. if it does you probably have a loose/pushed out pin in the connector on your multi function switch

consistently. The light might come on once, then stop, then blink again several seconds later. After the car has been running for a bit, the signals seem to work better, and blink properly.

signal is not working, whether or not the signal lever is engaged (like the series of clicks you would hear as you turn, and the signal lever returns to its normal position).

appreciated.... I want to try to fix this myself.

Reply to
johanb

Thanks for that advice, johanb... I will try those things. Ironically, I haven't noticed the problem for the past couple of days, but I'm sure it will occur again

-- RobinA

View this thread:

Send from

RobinA

There has been a known problem with the year group 1995 for that mulifunctional switch. When I bought it new and under warrenty, it went out and the dealer replaced it.

The light might come on once, then stop, then blink again several seconds later. After the car has been running for a bit, the signals seem to work better, and blink properly.

not working, whether or not the signal lever is engaged (like the series of clicks you would hear as you turn, and the signal lever returns to its normal position).

appreciated.... I want to try to fix this myself.

Reply to
Rick

I have the same problem, I think it's the switch that is part of the turn signal lever. How the heck do you replace it?

Reply to
Mike