95 Ford explorer- 110K repl fuel pump

Fuel pump will work if you tap on fuel tank with rubber mallet or

2x4.Switching relays out will help at time for no start. Anyone know if you have to drop the tank on an EB or is there an access panel under the back seat/cargo area?
Reply to
jglvsinit

Do you have to drop the fuel tank on a 95 4.0 EB Explorer to replace the fuel pump?

Reply to
jglvsinit

I am almost certain the 96 4.0 is the same; If so, then yes you have to drop the tank to replace the pump.

Reply to
truce

Thanks to "truce"

Reply to
jglvsinit

It sucks, I know, but I have to do it again before the snow flies myself.

"jglvsinit" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com... | Thanks to "truce"

Reply to
John Riggs

Yes, the fuel tank must be dropped. I had my fuel pump replaced on my 95 at 140,000 miles. Mark

John Riggs wrote:

Reply to
Mark Barrett