96 explorer v8 need suggestions

stock but for k&n intake kit from throttle body

2 wheel drive the good news bought it used w 84,000 miles on it,had it for 2 years paid it off it now has 198,800 miles on it. I did the stuff that was supposed to be done when it was supposed to be done. so it safe to say it still runs pretty good and has as much pep as you would expect from an explorer.

the problem want more torque and horsepower dont know where to start . still has to be a daily driver for long commute to work and back. thought about doing H pipes or just duels in general since it has the 2 into i setup after the cats. do they make a chip or tuner??I will do the cam if I have to but i dont want my mileage to suffer.. where to start ? what to do?

Reply to
Dread

Dread

The 4R70W transmission used with the V8 (5.0) Explorer is pretty good here is some info.

ok. I took it to a local shop and they said i might wanna start with a

Reply to
Fred 2

Sell it and buy a mustang ???

Reply to