97 Explorer transfer case problem

To all,

My transfer case got stuck in 4 low. When I shifted to 4 high it got stuck in an in between state and wouldn't go. Then I got blinking dash lights. I banged on the shift motor, tried a couple of more times and it went in to 4 high. This happened once before and a shop replaced the shift motor and all was well. I tried pulling the motor and after removing the bolts I could wiggle it and pull it from the transfer case about 1/8th of an inch. What is the trick to removing it? I think I either have a motor or limit switch problem. Could it be worse and be a major problem with the transfer case?

...Larry

Reply to
Larry