97 Explorer Turn Signal Problem

The windshield wipers on my 97 Explorer XLT would only work with the stalk pushed to the high beam position, all the way forward (toward engine). I took out the switch today and found a disconnected wire on a 4 point connector with three wires connected to it. I soldered the wire back in and polished the contacts and coated them with dielectric grease. When I reconnected the switch, everything seemed OK (the wipers work in the normal mode). Tonight I drove the truck and now the turn signals will not disengage. Everything seemed to fit fine when I reconnected the multifunction switch. Any ideas of what I need to look for? It seems like something should engage or disengage when the steering wheel is returned after a turn. A new multifunction switch is approximately $70 at the dealers.

Thanks in advance, Ron Munroe Falls, Ohio

Reply to
Ron