97 Explorer XLT Check Engine Light

Hello, I had a check engine light on my truck about 10 days ago. I too

it to the dealer, and they diagnosed the EVAP vent solenoid and EVA management valve were bad, and replaced. Then, about a week later take it in for another check engine light, this time an error code 420 They reprogram the computer and send me on my way. Today, two day later, I have yet another check engine light. I stopped at a local ca parts place and they pull the code...this time a 455, which indicates gross leak in teh EVAp system. I guess my questions are as follows:

  1. If they pressure/smoke tested the EVAp system, is it possible tha it has developed a gross leak in a week?
  2. Could a sensor in the EVAP system be bad, causing this error?
  3. Could a faulty EVAP system somehow cause a single 420 error code b droping to much fuel into the engine?

I am taking it back tomorrow to have them look at this 455 error. I a just feeling a bit confused.

Thanks for the input.

Mar

-- MarkK

Reply to