97 shoc

Hello, Could someone explain to me what the timing chain tensioner problems are with the SOHC engine. I have read some posts about lack of lubrication with the tensioner causing the timing chain to go slack and hit the guide assembly. Thus the rattling noise. Why does the rattling noise stop after the vehicle is warmed up? I have read that parts of the chain guide assembly is made out of plastic and could break off. What long term damage could occur? And what is the fix for this problem? Thanks John

Reply to
John

There is an old recall for this, a dealer can look up your serial # and see if it was done. If not they may STILL do it for free. If it HAS been done they should fix it.

D.

Reply to
Dorothy

Reply to