98 Explorer EB Edition Climate Control is to cost $ 550.00

98 Explorer Climate Control Systems has gone crazy. I have to turn the Climate Control down to 60 to get heat. Repair shop tells me that it is going to be $ 550.00 to repair the problem. Has any one had problems with the Climate Control on a 98 or there abouts Explorer EB Edition???????
Reply to
Dirty

You might have the infamous blend door plenum problem. It requires taking out the whole dash. However someone did post a procedure with very detailed pictures on how to fix it yourself. It was a very good write-up. If you do a search on "blend door" you will find it.

Reply to
Mikepier