98 Explorer-Interior lights not on when unlocking doors

I have a 98 Explorer EB. When I use the remote to unlock the doors, the interior lights and puddle lights do not come on anymore. However, when I open the doors, the interior lights and puddle lights come on. They use to work fine, and have recently stopped. Anything to check .

Reply to
tlim

Just out of curiousity, what happens if you use the keyless entry to unlock the doors. Does the puddle lamps come on then?

Reply to
Mikepier

I assume when you say keyless entry, you mean the keypad on the door. When I use that, or press any buttons on the keypad, the lights do not come on either. They use to as soon as I hit any buttons on the keypad.

Reply to
tlim