98 Explorer radiator drain plug location

Hi! I don't see the radiator drain plug on my 98 V6 SOHC. Do I need to remove the black plastic shroud that covers the bottom of the radiator to get to it? The lower radiator hose looks accessible--can I use that to drain the radiator instead. Appreciate any advice.

Ken

Reply to
Kenneth J. Harris

You got it! Just remove the 4 bolts that hold the black plastic shroud in place and pull straight down. There are 2 push clips, one on each side that keep the shroud in place after you remove the bolts. I recommend flushing the heater core while your at it.

Reply to
Xx

Thanks for the info!

Reply to