'98 Explorer "Tune up" advice

Any help would be greatly appreciated! My '98 explorer XLT has 130K miles, and I have only have one problem with it....a "chirp" that has lasted about two months. Any advice? Also, what type of tune up should be performed on this vehicle? Thanks much for the advice!

Reply to
fitnessengineer

From a strictly maintenance point of view, I would suggest plugs, wires and fuel filter - check or replace the PCV valve and air filters and clean the sensing element in the MAF. A close inspection of all hoses and connections (look for hoses that are rock hard, mushy or cracked).

Reply to
Jim Warman

i find that when my belt gets old i get some what of a chirp from under the hood and a new belt fixes the problem and also never use bosch spark plugs they caused me alot of trouble

Reply to
mab6680