98 sport drivers seat

I have a 1998 explorer sport with a broken drivers seat. I have to prop it up with the rear fold down or else it will start to recline all the way back. I already had the recall done and they said the bolts didn't cause the breaking of the seat. Am I stuck replacing the whole f!@#ing seat or what. The metal by the recline lever is actually snapped.

Reply to
highclimber

I would get a second opinion, try another Ford service center. If you have an extended warranty try to get it covered that route? If the second Service Advisor gives you the same diagnosis then you may be out of luck.

Good luck,

Steven

highclimber wrote:

with the rear fold down or else it will start to recline all the way back. I already had the recall done and they said the bolts didn't cause the breaking of the seat. Am I stuck replacing the whole f!@#ing seat or what. The metal by the recline lever is actually snapped.

Reply to
Steven Hilgendorf