'98 XLT Temperature/Compass Display Out

I have a '98 XLT with the regular outside temperature and compass overhead display. While I was driving a couple of days ago, I looked up and the display was blank. It had been working fine only a few minutes before. It has continued "out" since then. I wondered if anyone has encountered this problem and what was the fix.

Thanks in advance,

Houston Kid

Reply to
Houston Kid

Silly question, but did you try pressing the "mode" switch to see if it just got blanked somehow ?

Reply to
Cox

Not so silly!! That is exactly what happened. It was at night and the passenger was turning on the map light and apparently clicked the mode button instead.

Thanks,

Houst> Silly question, but did you try pressing the "mode" switch to see if it just

Reply to
Houston Kid