99 Explorer noise when at idle or under 1000 rpm when hot

I have a 99 explorer with a 4.0 OHV. Noticed a loud sound like a vacumn cleaner running coming from the intake on a hot day when the truck is at idle or under 1000 rpm after driving 10+ miles. Goes away when I idle it up. If I lift the hood when at idle the air cleaner box and intake hose are all vibrating with this sound. Any ideas?

Reply to
SteveL

Sounds like the air cleaner box is resonating. Remove the air cleaner cover and see if the noise is still there. If it is, you might just have to adjust it a little so it will stop vibrating.

Reply to
Mikepier