99 Explorer Trailer QUESTION HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a 99 Explorer with 90k on it. I have had it since new. I am thinking of buying a travel trailer, it weighs about 3800lbs. The trailer dealer said I would have no problem. My Explorer has the 4.0 motor, without a trailer towing package. It does have a trans. cooler. Any suggestions? Thanks, Barbara

Reply to
Barbara

I have the same truck with 48k and pull a 4000lb (give or take) boat and trailer weight with it. Has the tow package but the ass end of the truck is starting to sag. Have only had the boat 3 years and use it only in the summer (a lot!!). The tounge weight is under 300lbs or I'm stonger than I look. I can lift the jack wheel off the ground. And that's with the tounge folded. I've had no problems at all and the surge brakes are a blessing.........

John

Reply to
Rosco Bookbinder

At 4000 pounds, the brakes are not just a blessing, they are required by most states, and with good reason! :-)

Reply to
bill