99 Explorer XLT ABS and Airbag Lights

I have a 1999 Ford Explorer XLT with 85K miles on it. A couple of months ago, the airbag light started coming on and a couple of days later, the ABS light came on. The airbag light starts to flash once the vehicle is in gear and then it stays on. The ABS light just stays on if the vehicle is running.

I read where Ford Expeditions had an issue with this due to water leakage from the windshield into the electricals in the dash.

Any ideas on what might be the cause of this?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Reply to
cabosammy

I had the ABS light stay on in mine a few months ago. Same year, same model. 118k on it. Turned out to need a new front driver side hub.

Allan

Reply to
Allan

My ABS required the rear sensor to be replaced.

Reply to
Jerry

Alternator.

cabosammy wrote: