99 Ford explorer "transmission range sensor"

Can anyone help me? I recently had my 1999 explorer's transmition rebuilt. 5.0L V8 All wheel drive. I received a call from the repair shop after the repair was completed telling me my car will not start. I have called a variety of diff shops and have done a lot of research online to try and get down to the bottom of this. They told me they where able to start my car somehow "HOTWIRE I GUESS" and take it for a test drive and the transmittion is repaired, However they now cannot start it? If you turn the Key everything is normal but nothing? I am now being told that they are going to bring it to another garage and have them look at it... The problem is they told me they double checked their work and more than likely I will need to pay for the additional repairs???????? Here is my question coud the Range sensor have anything to do with this? If so is that something thet a Transmittion repair person would check??/ Any help would be great???

Reply to
bisshead1020