99 XLS keyless entry

Where on a 99 XLS would I find the keyless entry module? I checked in the cargo area where the jack is stored but did not see it there. I assume if this is the right area, the Explorer did not come with this option.

Thanks, Lance

Reply to
Lance

Well, if there's no keypad on the door, then there's no Keyless entry :)

Reply to
Chief_Wiggum

Ford only installed keyless entry module (remote units) on models that had the keypad? Am I reading the message correctly?

Thanks for any assistance.

Reply to
Lance

If you have the numeric keypads on your doors, your vehicle came with keyless entry. The keyless entry code is on a card in the owner's manual sleeve and also in the tire jack area. If both codes are lost, Ford can retrieve the code for a few bucks.

Reply to
Stephen Read