A/C On 2001 explorer sport

I think my A/C is always running. Even on the hottest days the cold air setting alone on the thermostate is pretty cold. My gas milage is not the great which makes me think the A/C is always running. Anyone have any thoughts on this or suggestions.

Reply to
Jason Gallant

The AC compressor runs in every position where air blows against the window glass.

Reply to
Dave Cilluffo

Ex -wife had an 04 Explorer (not the sport ) it had a small orange light by the control button that lit whenever the a/c was on.

While the engine is off unplug the connector going to the compressor crank it up and note how the compressor looks while the engine is running , turn off engine and re-connect compressor, if it looks different the compressor is running ,.. you can usually hear compressors kicking in and out when you are idling and it's not real hot.

Reply to
Phil

the a/c compressor runs in every position except vent and heat (floor).

Reply to
Gerry Pierce

I'm having very similiar in my 95 EB 4 door explorer - except that mine works, but it is either freezing cold, or boiling hot - the climate control has ceased to be.

I imagine it's a thermostat somewhere that's gone wrong, but don't know where to begin to replace it - any information out there?

Also - does anyone have the TSB (if there is one) for the chronic transmission problems Explorers have?! I find it really disgusting that my dealer charged me $3000 to fix it, when it obviously a Ford issue to begin with..

Thanks,

Reply to
Johno