ABS light 2002 Ford Explorer

The ABS light started coming on in my 2002 Ford Explorer. I am not having any braking problems. With all of the ice and snow, I knoww that the ABS is working. I thought that it might have been the fluid level, so I topped it off, but no help. Is there some inexpensive sensor that I can try replacing, before taking it in to get the codes ran. thanks for the help. Matt

Reply to
coop999

There are many relatively inexpensive sensors that you can change..... There is a slight problem in that, without the code(s), no one is really sure that it is a sensor problem to begin with. Replacing parts willy-nilly will prove to be false economy...

Reply to
Jim Warman

Any idea what might it cost to get the codes checked?

Is there a good, relatively inexpensive code reader available to buy? I like to tinker around, but hate to take it in for every little thing.

Reply to
coop999