Abs light on a 1994 ford explorer sport

I have new brakes on my truck. front and back. I did the fronts first then the back brakes about 8 months later ...before I did the brakes on the back , I started getting my ABS light coming on...after my brakes were fixed my light still comes on. and when it does my back brakes will lock up somewhat the harder I put them on.. in order to turn the abs light off. I shut down the truck and restart it..then it goes out for a day or so.. any thoughts on why this is ? is there a reset switch from doing my brakes> any help would be greatly appreciated

Reply to
Djcueballspins1

Note that when my ABS light is on, the ABS doesn't function...there is lockup. My problem occurs when the ambient temperature (ie 90 or so and above) and the vehicle has been running for a while. The difficulty arrises when attempting to diagnose with a reader...the light must be on. Usually, my light will go out when the ambient temperature goes down or the truck cools down a little. Each time I get to the repair shop, there is no light.

Reply to
Hal Aiwa