AC HELP - Explorer AC not cooling and or blowing

Greetings,

I havent posted here in a long time. Hope everyone is doing great.

Vehicle in question: 1995 Ford Explorer 185,000 miles on it. I have previousley replaced the motor blower 2 years ago.

A few months ago, I would notice while the air was on MAX A/C, and as I accelerated, the air would stop blowing. As soon as the RPMs leveled off at cruise speed, the AC started blowing again just fine.

I discovered through playing with the controls, that if I left the control knob to AC only, it would continue to blow even while I was accelerating.

Last week, the ac was doing the same routine when it came to blowing, However it was blowing HOT air. I checked under the hood and noticed the clutch ont he compressor was not engaging.

I took it to a shop and they charged up the AC system. It didnt get super cold, but it did get cool.

Today the AC completley stoped blowing. I could hear the fan going but bearley anything was coming out of the vents. I parked and came back out to the car and noticed a BIG BIG puddle of condensation.

I started up the car and it got super cold. Since the blower was acting up, I proceded to change out the blower this evening. I still have the same problem as before, ie. acclerate and it stops blowing.

However, Now the AC is not cooling. I got a gauge from the local store here and put it on the low end. I measured a PSI of around 120 or so. This was in the red zone.

Does any one out there have any clue as to whats going on with my Explorer and the ac system?

Any help is greatley appreciated. Please reply here or via email to snipped-for-privacy@noEARTHspamingLINK.NET

Thank you so much in advanced. I am in Tucson, Arizona and the temps are still climbing close to 100 daily. AC is a necesisity for the forceible future.

Erik

Reply to
E Trevino