Accelerator

Need help fixing my accelerator. Every once in a while, when I step on the pedal to get going, it sticks, I have to put a significant amount of pressure to get to move.

Anybody have any ideas?

also my transmission, it works fine in the morning, but for example, if i drive it down to the store, and jump in the vehicle again, the vehicle starts going for about 2 seconds and then if feels like it delays then catches then delays again i have to put it in nuetral while in motion then back to drive, then its ok.

any ideas?

thanks!

Reply to
improvise

Yep... lot's of ideas.... might help if we knew what we're working on, though....

For all you top poster wieners.... Would putting this at the bottom help?

Reply to
Jim Warman

i apologize, its a 1999 ford explorer

Reply to
improvise

I also had this problem on my '99. Been a long time ago, but I think Ford had a recall on the cable. Also the throttle plate sticks and has to be cleaned.

Reply to
Big Shoe

Hey, Jim;

Good to see you "poppin" in again ! Been awhile....

Reply to
Plano Bill

Hey, Bill.... hope Santa was good to you...

Reply to
Jim Warman

Sticking on my 94 was caused by dirt at the intake butterfly hinge. good luck df

Reply to
freeman, daniel l.