Air conditioner compressor

I'm trying to install freon in my 1999 Ford Explorer. Can anyone tell me where exactly, is the "low end" port for the air conditioner compessor is located?

Reply to
Pierre

Hope you are NOT charging it with Freon (R12) - the A/C system in a 1999 vehicle runs on R134a. With all due respect, it seems that you may be much better off taking your vehicle to a professional for proper diagnosis and repair.

Reply to
IK

Fortunately, the connectors are really hard to mix and match to put R-12 in a 134 system and vice versa. Can be done, but it's a nightmare of various adapters.

Reply to
rakster

One cannot properly charge a R-143a system without a gage set. If you put too much R-143a in the system; the air conditioning performance will degrade.

Reply to
Boltwood