Another '95 Explorer Sport Question...

I didn't get any answers the first time, so I'll try again, with another problem that's cropped up.

I have a '95 Explorer Sport.

The driver's side door lock is no longer operating. It had been working perfectly with both key and electronic fob, but I started to unlock it with a new spare key I had made, and there was this deep-sounding "click" noise when the door unlocked, and now the inside lock knob will not go down into the locked position, and the door will open even if the electronic fob locks the doors.

I took the inside panel off, and looked inside the door frame, but I cannot tell what, if anything, is broken.

I bought the Hayes manual, looked up the door-lock mechanism on the internet, and asked another local owner about it, and I am stumped. Also, none of the pictures in any of the reference material I checked matched with the actual door.

I don't want to have to take it to the dealer, because that would be just too expensive for me at this point.

Any help out there?

Nomen

-
Reply to