Anyone off road with these things?? Just a few questions...

I have a 91 explorer (4x4 of course). Have had it for about a year did some minor work to it, installed aftermarket stereo, changed passenger front window motor, driver rear window cable assembly -- which was all the basic work it needed. I finally got to take it off road (in stock condition) because I?m thinking about putting in a 4" suspension lift. Being as I?m in Arizona there are many fun trails to go out on, some hard some easy. Well the trip was awesome the explorer did very well didnt drag or stall. Of course I got alittle over agressive on one hill and busted the front auto locking hub. So I changed them out to Manual locking hubs. I also changed the valve cover gasket as it was throwing oil all over the place. Anyways my question is this.. is this vehicle worth putting in the time and parts to make it off road worthy or is it better to look for something else. Again I?m planning on putting the 4" lift, shocks, brake lines, etc. Adding steel rims with 31" tires. I dont really want to do all of this if it is going to effect the performance so much that it wont be worth it. I plan on using this vehicle for about 80% road and 20% off road (play weekends). Now I only put about 600 miles on it a year so there really isnt much drive time. So if anyone has made any changes for some serious off road use I?d like to know. Thanks

Reply to
garzajd

here's the place to ask/explore ;-)

Janet