Are there 'good' and 'bad' years when it comes to Explorers?

Hi all:

I was wondering if there were good and bad years when it comes to explorers? Someone told me that some 'vintages' are way worse than others because at some point Ford either lowered standards or tried to introduce new stuff which didn't pan out...

Is there any truth to this? And if so, which are the good years, and which are not so good... Thanks!

PS I got a Sport 2000 so please go easy on that year...;-)

Reply to
thebloag

Why do you care? You already have yours. Are you going to get rid of go get a "good" year instead?

Reply to
Ratbert

WTF? I am just curious, do you have a problem with that Ratbert? Do I have to justify and rationalize every question before it gets answered? And why on God's green earth do you bother to make such non-constructive comment? Perhaps the ratbert should consider trotting back in to to his hole!

Reply to
thebloag

Well put. I've followed Explorer info for quite a while and have never seen anything that suggested to me there was any great variation from one year to the next other then some obvious major changes such as the all new design in 95 and the one after that. Even when you hear stories about how "lots of explorers have [whatever] go wrong with them, keep in mind that there are MILLIONS of explorers on the road so even if things only break at the normal rate that's still a lot of explorers with that thing breaking on them.

-- New service to compete with paypal Get $25 pre-registration bonus by following this link

Ashton Crusher