ART rotor update

Rotors have been on a week and the pads have had a chance to full seat themselves.

I can report a definate improvement in braking performance. The first week was touchy and vague, but the past few days, they've seemed to continually improve.

I also took the opportunity to upgrade the wheel/tire combo on my truck (96 V8 XLT AWD).

I went from 15" limited wheels (which suck) to 16" 2003 explorer wheels (used and cheap!) and toyo open country a/t's. Nice. Only curious thing is the offset on the new wheels. the're much more (+) than the old, so they sit about 1/2" or more inside the wheel wells. this is good for keeping the sides clean, but not sure about the impact of narrowing my track. Since the tires are much wider now (stock EB size 255/70/16), maybe it won't be an issue.

Zammer

Reply to
Zam Karmen