auto door locks on an 02

How do I disable the auto door locks on a 02 explorer? I want the power button to work just not the auto deal when you start rolling. thanks, lyndo

Reply to
lyndo

/Richard

It says how in the owner manual. I will try to look it up if you haven't found it by this afternoon.

/Richard

Reply to
Debbie Grimes

This is from the '03 Owners Manual:

To deactivate/reactivate the autolock feature using the keypad Your vehicle comes with the autolock feature activated. To deactivate/reactivate this feature:

  1. Turn the ignition to the OFF position.
  2. Close all the doors.
  3. Enter the 5-digit entry code.
  4. Press and hold the 3 ? 4. While holding the 3 ? 4 press the 7 ? 8.
  5. Release the 3 ? 4.
  6. Release the 7 ? 8. The horn will chirp once when the system has been successfully deactivated. The horn will chirp twice (one short and one long chirp) when the system has been successfully reactivated.
Reply to
Donald Roeber

/Richard

Thanks it saved me from looking it up also.

/Richard

Reply to
Debbie Grimes