Auto Locks not working

Anyone had this problem before. My 1998 Explorer EB used to locks the doors automatically once I engaged drive gear. Does anyone experienced this problem and what the fix was?

Thank you in advance

Reply to
Edyik

Guess I answered my own question.

Reply to
Edyik

Are your brake lights working? Isn't that one of the inputs to determine when to lock the doors?

Reply to
JaWise

I've looked in my '02 owner's manual and the procedure for deactivating the autolock feature cannot be done accidentally.

Are any other functi>>Anyone had this problem before. My 1998 Explorer EB used to locks the doors

Reply to
Corwin, Prince of Amber

I had the same problem with my locks. I was backing out of a space and noticed in the store front behind me that my brake lights were not working either. Turns out it was the brake switch on the brake pedal. Sometimes you can remove the switch and clean the contacts. I went ahead and replaced it.

Reply to
jbc02