Battery indicator question

Vehicle: 2005 Explorer, XLT, V-8, 9,000 miles.

Ever since I bought this vehicle about a year ago the battery indicator (in the battery) has been giving me the craps. In the beginning it varied from amber to green and now it is red (or orange?). I have no reason to question the functionality of this battery...it just got me thru a fairly cold winter, but the indicator sure bugs me. Not being a battery expert, can/do I have a good battery with a bad indicator?

TIA, Al in Poughkeepsie

Reply to
Alan E. Seelbach

fordtech via CarKB.com

Thanks for your answer. I really didn't think that the battery is/was bad. Your comment about the black sticker is hilarious...reminds me of a 1979 Buck Riveria I owned. Bought it new, but the temperature indicator (in the dash) was always on. I had Mr. Goodwrench (choke) work on it numerous times. They changed the sensor (and/or sending unit) many, many times. Still no fix...then one time I brought it back and behold...the indicator was off. So I do a little investigation and found that they had taped the sensor off. Man was I pissed. To make a long story short...the factory had installed the wrong p/n sensor and Mr. Goodwrench kept on replacing the one they took out with the same wrong p/n. That was my last GM product.

Al in Poughkeepsie

Reply to
Alan E. Seelbach

FYI my 99 XLT still has the original battery. 7+ years.

Reply to
Mikepier

My 99 XLS also has the original battery. But, it is finally starting to show its age. It will be replaced before winter rolls around.

Reply to
Lance