Blend door - what years affected?

I found an article on the blend door issue

that indicates the issue is for Explorers built between 1995 and April 1998. Can anyone confirm when Ford updated the problem and how to easily recognize whether you have the upgraded part?

I have an 1998 Explorer EB built in June 1998 and haven't seen the issue yet and am hoping for some good news...

Reply to
Al Williams

if I'm not mistaken, the blend door problem occurred in other Ford vehicles also.

a friend of mine has 1998 F150 and his blend door is broken-he does not have Electronic AC controls, just the basic heater/AC system.

I don't know what years the problem affects. I have a 2000 Limited (Electronic AC system) and I haven't had that problem.

sometimes I wonder how Ford stays in business.

I have an 1998 Explorer EB built in June 1998 and haven't seen the issue yet and am hoping for some good news...

Reply to
stevie