Bower Motor Question

I just changed my blower motor (burning smell and smoke coming from the vents) and that went well. When I hooked up the new motor everything went well but! Now I only have high speed. Did I do something wrong or has something else gone bad.

Thanks for any help.

Dennis

Reply to
wiaterd

wiaterd

Sure it wasn't the resistor block that went bad? It should be in the general area of the blower motor.

Rich

Reply to
FDRanger92

Check your wiring connectors. Often they get dirty and don't make good contact. Sometimes all that needs to be done is to unplug them and plug them back in, other times you will have to physically scrape the spades and lugs lean to make good contact. There should be a connector just forward of the firewall on the passenger side. Other than that, it is possible your switch is bad and needs replacement, but I'd check the connections first. Another thought. If you did not purchase a direct replacement, you probably had to splice the connections, which is fine, if you have good connection of your splices. If your splices are not good connections, your switch won't do you much good. You *must* me certain your splices have good conductivity.

"wiaterd" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
John Riggs

Reply to
wiaterd

When I had this problem on my '95, the culprit was a blower control module. It was located in the ducting and accessible when I removed the blower motor. Possibly yours burnt out when the motor locked up.

Reply to
Bob Kegel