cadillac converter plate loose need help

i went to the dealership to see what the noise was when i turned on my car and they said that my cadillac converter plate was loose and it needed to be tighten i was just wondering where this thing was located so i could do it my self does anyone know where it is located and which fuse is for the alarm it keeps going off when i open my driver side door.

thanks

Reply to
coavsfan19

Sounds like you need to go back to "pimp my ride"

They are the best Cadillac converters around !

Sorry... you can't really use any cadillac parts on an Explorer... try rec.autos.makers.gm.cadillac ?

***disclaimer***

I know he means catalytic, but I figure anyone that is too stupid to even TRY to spell something correctly deserves a little kick in the butt

Reply to
Chief_Wiggum

EDITED

I went down to the dealership the other day to see what the noise was when I turned on my 98 Explorer and they said it was my catalytic converter heat plate was loose and it needed to be tighten up. I was just wondering where this thing was located so I could do it my self, does anyone know where it is located. One more thing which fuse is for the alarm, it keeps going off when I open my driver side door.

thanks

Reply to
coavsfan19

You can't 'tighten it up' because one of the mounting tabs are broken. Just get a big enough hose clamp to go around it and thghten it that way.

SMC

Reply to
MOTO

Cut the damn thing off!