Camshaft Synchronizer needs to be replaced

on my 96 Explorer 4.0 AT 4WD 77k mi. I'm wondering if i should have them replace the Camshaft Position Sensor while they're at it? They're telling me it's a 4-6 hour job but after reading the manual I don't really understand why it would take that long. You need an alignment tool and have to position the #1 cylinder. They're quoting me $735.

Reply to
Spud Unger