Canadian Market Ford Expedition

Hi,

I'm considering buying an 05 Expedition located in Massachusetts. I did a Carfax check on it and found it was sold originally in the Canadian Market in Quebec and imported to the States when it was a year old. The Safety Compliance Certification Label found in the drivers door jam is missing and there is a paper label that lists the VIN and the company that imported it into the States. The VIN at the windshield looks fine. Should I be concerned about this buying this truck? Is there anything different about cars built for the Canadian Market vs. cars built for the US market? All the parts the same? The VIN number is 1FMFU18555LA65867.

Thanks,

-Scott

Reply to
onoahimahi

My Dad has a "Canadian" Ford Explorer and the only noticable difference is that the speedometer is kilometers per hour, with the mph as the smaller numbers inside. I've driven it a few times and I actually don't like that, so I guess it would be personal preference. If that's a non-issue, then I think you're probably all set. He's never said it's needed special parts for it or anything when bringing it to the garage. Coincidentally, he bought his down in Mass. as well - heh.

John B.

Reply to
John B.