CD Changer Probloem

My 2005 Limited has the 6CD changer in the radio. This week, when I turn on the radio, it cycles through all 6 CD's as if it were loading. The display shows "Initializing" during that time. After several minutes of this, CD6 will begin to play. Next time I turn off and restart, same thing again. By the way, it was about 20 degrees when this started.

I'm really not anxious to replace this thing with an aftermarket radio mainly because I lose the steering wheel controls. However, repair cost will probably exceed the cost of a new aftermarket unit.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
Big Shoe

Can you / have you ejected all the discs?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Jeffrey

I assume you are out of the warranty period. My suggestion is to check Ebay. You see used Ford CD Players for sale there all the time and they are often very inexpensive (see

). Next best place is to check Radios and More
They will likely sell you an OEM replacement for less than $450. Or you could have the unit repaired
Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Yes, I ejected all the discs today and reloaded just one. The weather has turned much warmer and the unit is working fine right now. It seems to be associated so far with cold weather, don't know if it will continue to give problems or not. We don't get much very cold weather here in NC.

Reply to
Big Shoe