check engine light

Have a problem with my 97 Explorer, v6. Check engine light keeps coming on, scan tool says air flow restriction, egr system. I replaced the egr valve and it still comes on. Does anyone know what is wrong with my explorer. Autozone is no help......

Reply to
Judester4

Please post the exact code.... some code interpretations are a bit too unique.

FWIW worth..... I will assume that the code is P0401 and the description s for insuffiecient EGR flow rather than air flow. If this is the case, you have a 95% probability that the DPFE sensor is faulty.

Reply to
Jim Warman