Check Engine light

My check engine light is on. There is a " knocking"sound coming from the engine. The engine shakes a little. I thought it was the spark plugs, but i disconected one at a time and started the truck. It didnt go away. I think it might be a stuck valve. How can you check for a stuck valve? Someone from work told me that it could dirty fuel injectors, i tried to clean them out, but the problem still occurs. I think its time to take it to the dealer and pay WHATEVER it takes to fix it.. does anyone know what my problem could be. Any input is greatly appriciated.

Reply to
MRMIJO1

Yes, paying the dealer whatever it takes to fix it is always a great option. I am assuming that you did not post here just to have that confirmed... But if you want the people on this group to help you diagnose your problem, please tell them as much as you know -- they can't see, hear or drive your truck (or is it even a truck?): vehicle type, engine type, year, mileage, any idling and driveability problems, some maintenance history perhaps. Does it shake just at idle or under other conditions as well? The fact that the MIL ('check engine light') is on may or may not be related to your shaking. But it needs to be addressed first. There are trouble codes stored in the computer. Have them read (Autozone presumably does this for free) and post them here with the rest of the information.

Reply to
Happy Traveler