Check Gage question

The Check Gage light on the instrument panel came on after I started my 01' XLS. It went off after I put the Explorer into reverse, backed out of the parking space then put it in drive. After I arrived home I went out to start the Explorer a little later but this time everything preformed normally. What does the Check Gage light report on?

Reply to
DJH

It's what it says, except that it should probably be plural: "Check Gages". The purpose is to get your attention, because one of the gages is out of normal range. Could be as simple as an empty gas tank.

Reply to
Happy Traveler

Don't you just love it?

Searcher1