Climate Control Problem - Blend Door or Thermostat?????

Hello everyone,

Some earlier postings, and the dealer have both said a broken blend door is the cause of my climate control problem, i.e., lots of heat under all settings except Max Air.

I wonder though... I've noticed that the engine temp gauge is never getting up to the "normal" point that it used to go to. Could it be that a faulty thermostat (stuck open) is the cause of the climate control problem?

Any ideas here as to what's happening?

Larry (not wanting to pull the dash) in El Cerrito, CA

Reply to
Lawrence Radcliffe

John Shoemaker

Still sounds like the blend door. You may also have a faulty thermostat.

Did you see this fix:

Here is the link

Al Williams